Sunday, July 31, 2011

Excuse our half-hiatus

Just to update everyone... If you have not noticed over the past week, we have been rather silent at TheCup.us and here on the blog. Myself and TheCup.us editor in chief / overall guru Josh Hakala are going through some significant changes.

First off, congratulations to Josh and his wife for the recent birth of twin baby girls. Unfortunately, Josh also picked this time to move into a new home and has been quite busy balancing the newborns with the packing, moving and now unpacking.

In addition, I have myself spent the better part of the past two weeks preparing for my cross-country move from Tampa, FL where I worked for United Soccer Leagues for 10 years to head back to my hometown of Spokane, WA. I officially embark from the greater Tampa area on the road trip beginning Monday morning for a trip I expect to take probably 10 days to two weeks.

Part of the reason the trip will be a little longer is I will be making a stop in a few days in Frisco, TX. While there I will be taking in the FC Dallas CONCACAF Champions League match, representing TheCup.us. I am planning to conduct a few interviews and maybe provide some behind-the-scenes photos/videos of the event and/or training while there to be featured on the website.

Look for those features as the Semifinals near. In fact, with the move back to Washington state, you can also expect me to be attending the US Open Cup match against Dallas at the end of the month in Seattle (Tukwila). I have been to a number of games in Seattle... for PDL games when I worked for the Spokane Shadow; and for USL when the Sounders hosted championship games. Surprisingly it will be my first match at Starfire, despite having been to many other stadia around the area.

In this day and age of technology, we'll still be around... just not as active as usual.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment